A First: Last Friday

Maybe this is a little too personal to share - but, hopefully my post will help eliminate a myth and ease your mind. 

What is the myth, you ask? The myth: it hurts to have a mammogram. The truth: it is not painful, not in the least.

How do I know, you ask? The truth: I had one last Friday. It was the first time I've ever had a mammogram. And I'm 42 (eek!) years old, so my doctor said it was past time to get my first mammogram. 

In case you're wondering, I have absolutely no reason to be concerned about the results of my test. Nothing materialized during my recent checkup to cause concern, but hey...you never know! 

So here is my advice: if your doctor recommends a mammogram, go get one. It's not painful, and it's always better to know if something is going on in your body. You can fight what you know - and you can't fight what you don't know. Admittedly, I will be on pins and needles until I hear the results of mine...

Have a great Monday! 

Comments

  1. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February of '11. I had a double masectomy 18 months ago. My life was rocked to the core, but looking back it was a mixed blessing. Mammograms are so important, but I found my lump myself. I had a feeling it was bad because it hurt. I'm so thankful for modern technology and good doctors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Birthday Celebration: Lilly Pulitzer Giveaway from The Pink Pelican

Testing The Waters