Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Weight Loss - 48 Pounds Down, More To Go!

Hello and Happy Almost The Weekend! I promised I was back and here I am again! 

I wanted to share part of my recent journey with you all. In December of last year, I made a decision to get my health back. My weight was out of control and I was concerned for my general health. Health issues in my family include cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. I had no desire to be diagnosed with any of these either now or in the future. While it's true, we can only do so much to fight genetics, I was determined to do everything in my power. 

On December 26, 2014 I took some of the money I was given at Christmas and bought a year's gym membership. I paid in cash, for the entire year of 2015. I figured what the heck, if it's paid in full, I would feel guilty if I didn't go and do the work.  

On Saturday, December 27, 2014 I went to my first gym classes in more years than I want to admit. I took Cardio Step - think old school Step Aerobics. I thought I was going to die. I couldn't keep up. I was out of breath. There were women in class that were much older than me - some in their 70's! - and they were keeping up. I was absolutely mortified, but damned and determined that I would finish the class. While I managed to finish that day's class, I had that "Rude Awakening" moment. I knew this would likely be the toughest thing I've ever attempted, at least in a physical sense. 

I kept going. I refused to give up or give in. There are days I still want to give in. The above photos were taken on March 28, April 18 and June 20, 2015. I have now lost 48 pounds from my starting weight. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to admit my actual starting weight, but I'm not there yet. I still have 30-35 pounds to lose before I reach my goal weight. 

Look for me to share some of my secrets to losing this weight. Keep in mind, I am no expert...but I love to discuss what's worked for me, and I'd love to hear what works for you! Don't worry, I'm not turning the blog into everything weight loss all the time - but let's talk! 

Drop me a line! Tell me about your weight loss successes. Can't wait to hear from you! 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Lori - keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your determination and hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing accomplishment. I have lost and gained weight for years. I will look forward to how you have lost and plan to take classes at the gym Congratulations on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...