Running My Life!



Hello There! Hope this post finds everyone doing fantastic and taking time out to enjoy the holiday season! Sorry I have been such a loser about posting this year, I plan to do a MUCH better job in 2016!

My last post was in August and was all about losing weight. I had such tremendous support both here on the blog and on Facebook, I thought it was time to update you again.

I have continued running and working out, and to date have lost 66 pounds total. My husband and I completed our first half marathon the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the Kaiser Coastal Half in Orange Beach, Alabama. It was such an amazing feeling, knowing that this time last year I couldn't even run a quarter of a mile. Now, I'll be honest. My time was terrible - 2:47:47 - but I completed a half marathon! Today I am sharing pictures - one of me with my husband, and one with my husband and our friends Gwen and Lindsey. Gwen has been a friend of mine since high school, and we have been running together since March. I've also known Lindsey for years, and we have been training together for about seven months. Matter of fact, I will be running the Disney Princess Half Marathon with these ladies in February and can't wait. We're going to have a blast!

Last Saturday, I ran my second half marathon. It was probably a crazy move to run another one just two short weeks after the first. I'd had dental surgery on Tuesday of last week, and then ran 13.1 miles on Saturday morning. The weather was unseasonably warm - 78* high. My time was 30 seconds slower than the first half, which is not something I am proud of or even want to admit - but you guys know I tell it like it is! My husband ran a different race that day (same event held an 8K). I am so proud of him, because he finished first in his age group for the 8K! Below is a picture of our "bling" from the half and 8K.


My next goal is to complete the Disney Princess Half in less than 2:30:00. I have a long way to go, but know that by training and working hard, I can get it done. I have proven that to myself over and over again this year through my journey.

I am also pleased to say that between Thanksgiving and now, I have managed to lose another 4 pounds. This is notable because most of us GAIN weight during the holidays. I have been determined that wouldn't happen to me. I attribute my success in this area to two things: (1) sticking to my normal exercise regime - making the time for me, scheduling those workouts as part of my "to do list" for the day and (2) taking my Fat Fighters from It Works (many of you know, I am a Distributor for It Works). The Fat Fighter is a carb inhibitor which blocks some of the fats and carbs from my heaviest meal of the day. I'm very thankful for it, especially this time of year! :-)

Are you able to keep up your workout regime this time of year? How about your eating plan? Are you eating what you want and saying "Screw it - I'll worry about it at the beginning of 2016"? Are you actively dieting during the holidays? I'd love to hear what works for you! Please comment and let me hear from you.

It's only NINE days until Christmas - I need to get busy. You?

Comments

  1. Oh wow, this event looks very interesting. It’s great that you enjoyed it a lot. I wish I could have attended it. Anyway, very soon I am also going to attend a fun event with my kids at some popular New York event venues. We all are very excited for this event!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some visual cues that can give you a sense for a boot's health. Here are a few telltale signs that your boots are on their way out.
    Top trending steel toes sneakers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allyseek is a global matrimony website intended to help you find your life partner. The matrimonial platform connects people from different nationalities and races from anywhere in the world. Trusted by millions of Brides & Grooms globally. Register FREE!.
    Indian matrimony

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Lilly Pulitzer Resort 2011-2012: First Look & Favorites