Monday, September 17, 2012

A First: Last Friday

Maybe this is a little too personal to share - but, hopefully my post will help eliminate a myth and ease your mind. 

What is the myth, you ask? The myth: it hurts to have a mammogram. The truth: it is not painful, not in the least.

How do I know, you ask? The truth: I had one last Friday. It was the first time I've ever had a mammogram. And I'm 42 (eek!) years old, so my doctor said it was past time to get my first mammogram. 

In case you're wondering, I have absolutely no reason to be concerned about the results of my test. Nothing materialized during my recent checkup to cause concern, but never know! 

So here is my advice: if your doctor recommends a mammogram, go get one. It's not painful, and it's always better to know if something is going on in your body. You can fight what you know - and you can't fight what you don't know. Admittedly, I will be on pins and needles until I hear the results of mine...

Have a great Monday! 

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February of '11. I had a double masectomy 18 months ago. My life was rocked to the core, but looking back it was a mixed blessing. Mammograms are so important, but I found my lump myself. I had a feeling it was bad because it hurt. I'm so thankful for modern technology and good doctors!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...