Shopaholic in Alabama

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Dress You "Need" by Lilly Pulitzer


Happy Monday, Shopaholics!

Even though I'm technically not supposed to be shopping right now (trying to lose weight and all), I officially broke my resolve. 

Meet the new Lilly Pulitzer Worth Shift Dress in Dark N Stormy ($178 retail). If you only buy one new Lilly dress from the Summer collection, this needs to be it. Seriously. I tried really hard to resist the pull of this one, and was successful for about a week.

The fit is amazing! The material is vintage slub cotton - part of the "Originals" line - and has a slight bit of give. There are pockets on the sides and the lace details make it really special.

Rumor has it they are producing a men's tie in the same print. If that comes to pass, I'll purchase it too as I think that would make a wonderful ensemble for a beach picture. The DH and I like to take one and have it later in the season as an option for our annual holiday card!

Dark 'N Stormy is already a huge hit - several of the stores have sold through an entire size run and have more on order. Don't delay if you want this one!

Have a Marvelous Monday and a great week!

6 comments:

  1. It's such a great looking dress and I am so happy to hear your glowing review! Does it fit true to size, or did you size up? (I usually size up in the strapless dresses.) Hope you had a WONDERFUL weekend! We need to make plans to get together sweetie!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress!! I got it when it came out and I cannot wait to wear it!! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO~me likey and me want!

    Love,
    Mrs. Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I don't know if I have ever commented before, but the other day I ordered the skirt you suggested from the lily store and got the free pink hat!!! I got them Saturday and love them both! Already wore the hat out on the boat:)! And TODAY I GOT A CALL that I won the Lilly Cooler!! So thank you so much!! I might have to stop reading your blog and delete you on FB though because I am shopping too much~!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love. this gorgeous number is hanging in my closet! i also splurged on the shorts.

    i hope they make a men's tie, i think the boyfriend needs it BADLY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this print (and the drink) too! It's the background on my iPhone. I love the beach picture idea with matching tie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...