Sunday, December 18, 2011
Have Pretzels? Add Rolo's & Pecans For This...
It's true - I've been experimenting a lot this holiday season. From new recipes (like the pretzel hugs I originally blogged here), to the handcrafted and jeweled holiday ornaments (original post here) - I haven't been scared to try anything! Just last week, I made these "Rolo Pretzels" so I wanted to share with you - just in case you're looking for a new treat for your next holiday gathering.
Like the pretzel hugs, this is ridiculously simple to make. Your guests, friends, family, co-workers, mail carrier - everyone will love them. All you need to purchase: Snyder's Pretzel Snaps, a bag of Rolo candies (trust me: make sure no one else is home when you get these, the DH opened mine and ate a bunch before I started making the pretzels, ha) and pecan halves. Three ingredients.
(1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Line a cookie sheet with either waxed or parchment paper.
(3) Place your pretzels in "rows" across the cookie sheet.
(4) Unwrap all the Rolo candies while your oven is preheating. Frankly, this step takes the most time of anything you'll do to prepare this "recipe".
(5) Select your best looking (and most uniform) pecan halves and set them aside.
(6) Place a Rolo candy on top of each pretzel. Bake in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, you want the Rolo to get soft - but not melted. I baked mine for 4 minutes exactly (I use the oven timer every time I cook, as I don't trust myself to remember the exact times).
(7) Once they come out of the oven, place a pecan half on top of each candy and gently press down. Ultimately, you want the Rolo to cover the top of the pretzel.
(8) Allow your creation to cool for a few minutes, then place the cookie sheet into the refrigerator for approx. 20-30 minutes. This will allow them to set.
(9) Remove from fridge and place onto decorative plate. If you're keeping these at home, store in an airtight container. They are good for days!
Are you also making holiday treats this year? I've also made a popcorn cake (will blog that one later), and am planning to attempt making fudge later this week. Wish me luck!
Have you ever had the Rolo Pretzels?