It's Been A Rough Week, Y'all

You might have noticed - I've been absent around these parts for several days. It's been a rough patch, starting last week. 


My 86-year old Nanny had a mastectomy last Thursday. They removed one breast and a dozen lymph nodes under her arm. The cancer was in the breast, and additionally had spread to several of the lymph nodes. She was already in a precarious health state after falling several months ago, and constantly fighting almost debilitating rheumatoid arthritis. Her arthritis has been awful for so many years that her hands, fingers, toes, feet - they are deformed. (there is no polite or nice way to put it). I'm not sure how she has dealt with that constant pain, and then to have to face breast cancer - surgery and possible treatment - at her age and with everything else working against her. It all seems a little unfair. 


Nanny is now resting at home and trying to recover from the surgery. I spent last weekend with my family in Mobile, trying to help out. After working all last week myself - training for a new job and keeping up my current job - I was wiped out already by the time Monday came around. Then - as luck would have it, I got sick myself. Not just feeling a little bad, but hard core, in the bed sick. 


This afternoon, I'm finally starting to feel like I will live. You guys know - I don't normally discuss anything but fun stuff around here - but I didn't want you to wonder where I'd been! I have some fun posts planned and will be back to sunshine, fashion, and fun - starting tomorrow. 


I'm going back to work tomorrow. I'm not 100% recovered, but I can't stand being at home for another day. 


Hope your week has been good so far! If you're so inclined, please say a little good wish or prayer for my Nanny! She needs all the help she can get...as does my Mother, who is her primary caregiver. 

Comments

  1. Hang in there, Lori. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you and your family! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lori! I'm so sorry. Praying for your grandmother. Hope you get well soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you and your family. Feel better fast Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your nanny's heart! Prayers for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweet nanny will be in my prayers. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a brand new reader, and I love your blog! I'm from the South, love Lilly and am an Alabama fan too. I had breast cancer and a double masectomy last year. Your sweet Nanny is in my prayers, and I hope she recovers soon. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Lilly Pulitzer Resort 2011-2012: First Look & Favorites