Shrimp Vermicelli Salad - it's Lucky too!

Happy Thursday everyone! Many of you have commented in the past about my "southern/seafood" recipes and how you've enjoyed them, so today I have a new treat for you!

Below is our family recipe for Shrimp Vermicelli Salad. I have no idea where this originated, my Mother has been preparing it for years and we've tweaked it to suit our tastes. (you will notice from my notes what I adjust)

Shopaholic note: I firmly believe this is also a "lucky" recipe - as we had it the night Alabama won the college football national championship. If you're looking for something new, refreshing and different - give this recipe a try! You will not be disappointed! PERFECT for summer gatherings, BBQ's, parties, etc.


SHRIMP VERMICELLI SALAD



5 Cups water
1.5 lbs. unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
1 (12 oz) package vermicelli
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1.5 Cups chopped green onions
1 Cup chopped dill pickle (I reduced to approx. 1/2 cup)
¼ Cup minced fresh parsley
1 small green pepper, chopped (I reduced to appox. ½ small bell pepper )
1 (2 oz) jar diced pimento, drained
1 (10-oz) package tiny English peas, thawed and drained
1 Cup mayonnaise
1 (8 oz) carton commercial sour cream
¼ cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon peeper
Leaf lettuce
¼ to ½ teaspoon paprika


Bring water to boil; add shrimp, and cook 3-5 minutes. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Chill. Peel and devein shrimp.

Break vermicelli into 3-inch pieces and cook according to package directions; drain. Add shrimp, eggs, onions, pickle, parsley, green pepper, pimiento, and peas; set aside.


Combine mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; stir well. Pour over shrimp mixture; toss gently. Cover & chill 2 hours. Serve on a lettuce-lined platter; sprinkle with paprika.


Yield: 8 servings.


Bon appetit! Have a great Thursday!

Comments

  1. This sounds delish! I must try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! It's 8:00am, and my stomach is already grumbling for this. Need to go get my coffee to suppress this. Thanks for a yummy recipe!

    P.S. Still thanking you for letting me know about Under the Palm Tree because I'm still taking advantage. Reduced prices and free shipping? Gotta love that. I ordered a dress yesterday, and it was mailed off yesterday. Amazing customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going in my recipe book... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Birthday Celebration: Lilly Pulitzer Giveaway from The Pink Pelican