Toast To All The Moms!

Happy Mother's Day! Before I begin the Mother's Day tribute, I want to thank you ALL for your lovely comments on yesterday's post. Honestly, I wasn't sure whether I should post about being "childless by choice" and was slightly concerned I would look super selfish to you all. I should have known better, I had tears in my eyes reading your sweet and heartfelt comments. You all have stories that were just amazing to me, and I can't wait to get to know everyone better! Thank you for being so kind and supporting me. I consider you all my friends and love you! :-) 

Last night I had a fantastic dinner out with my Mother, Nanny, and my sister Amy. I wanted to share a few photos with you - and tell you we had some of the most fabulous seafood I've had in a very long time! Felt like a "last supper" of sorts, considering we're starting to hear about tar balls from the oil spill rolling up on the beaches at Dauphin Island, AL.

Mom and Nanny
 Lori and Nanny

Lori and Amy
To Mom - Thank you for not desiring the "childless by choice" lifestyle. I'm only here to lead this beautiful life because of you (with a little help from Dad, HAHA). If I could choose my own Mother, it would have been you. You somehow manage to take care of everyone around you, and you can get more done before lunch than anyone I've ever seen! You're my best friend and I love you!

To Nanny - You're one of the strongest women I know, and have been a wonderful example to all the women in our family. When Grandpa left you to pick up a loaf of bread and never returned, you bucked up and did what you had to do to raise four children on your own. The pain you live in with RA would be debiliating to most, but somehow you manage. I hope I'm half as strong as you when I'm your age. Love you, Nanny! p.s. I'm convinced there's a book deal in your story...

To Amy - Thank you for being such a wonderful sister, for being a sounding board, confidant and best friend, and never judging. Thank you for having two beautiful boys that I love to death, and for taking the pressure off me to have children. Much appreciated. We share a love of Lilly and all things fabulous, because of course we ARE Fabulous. Know this - I will always have your back, no matter what! Love you baby sis!

To Meme - Thank you for loving me, and teaching me so many things. It's almost surreal that you are no longer here with us, I think of you every single day. I do feel somewhat comforted knowing that you are no longer suffering the symptoms of pancreatic, bone and lung cancer. Dad is very sad without you on this Mother's Day, but as you know, he is very strong and we'll help him get through the day. I went to your gravesite on Friday and placed flowers, because I know how much you loved them. I could feel you smiling down on me.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day celebration with your families! Love and honor your Mothers, Grandmothers and Sisters today. I leave you with a photo of me and Meme, taken a few months before she passed away in July 2009.

Comments

  1. Lori, you have such love in your heart and it shows. No one could ever call you selfish!!! I wish you a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post bringing tears to my eyes. You definitely have a lot of love in your heart. Your family is just beautiful together! Have wonderful rest of your weekend!!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. How jealous am I of your tan!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, such beautiful letters to your special women in your life ! It moved me to tears ! Love that you have a passion for taking and being in photos of all things special to you ! Your wonderful family, hubby and gulf coast ! ( oh... and okay fashion ! ) love you & miss all of you ! keep me updated on the spill ! prayers from PA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Birthday Celebration: Lilly Pulitzer Giveaway from The Pink Pelican