Happy Valentine's Day - And A Little Reminder...


Happy Valentine's Day to all my Shopaholic friends and family!

Most of us put a lot of importance on Valentine's Day; just as Hallmark, Godiva, FTD and Tiffany would like! As you already know, I'm 40 years young and have been married for 16 years. Today I'd like to share two reminders about February 14. 

1) If your spouse, loved one or significant other isn't as "into" Valentine's Day as you would like, it doesn't mean that he or she isn't "into" you. Some people just don't get it - despite hints, crying fits, threats, etc. It does not mean they care for you any less. Frankly, I want the DH to bring me flowers when he wants to - not when the date on the calendar says "he should". In a good, healthy relationship you should feel confident about someone's feelings all the time - not just on Valentine's Day.

2) Please take a moment today to think of those around you without anyone "special" in their lives. It could be a widowed co-worker, an aunt who never married or your BFF who doesn't currently have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Valentine's Day has a way of making people that are not in a relationship feel really bad about themselves, and quite frankly, more than a little sad. Reach out to someone today - it will make a world of difference to them.

All this being said, I hope you have a wonderful day! I hope it's filled with candy, flowers, a lovely dinner at your favorite restaurant and perhaps a beautifully wrapped box with the gift of your dreams!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

  1. I completely agree, Valentine's Day is a gimmick established by a greeting card company many years ago to help bolster their bottom line. The same holds true for Father's Day and Mother's Day. So the if I read this correctly :
    FD+MD=VD .
    Did we not see the films in school...VD is not your friend. :) Just thinking out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Valentines Day! Even if it is a gimmicky holiday. I'm decorating the house wtih Heart shaped balloons, making heart shaped brownies, have gifts for kids and hubby. Yep! I am a total victim of this hallmark holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rather my husband give me flowers for no reason! And tell me he loves me every day! And thank goodness I have that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful for you Lori. I for one always enjoyed Valentine's Day. But it became easier to barely acknowledge it that suffer through my husband's begrudging half there participation. The issue is that he knew I liked the holiday but could not move himeself to any enthusiasm. We've been married 38 years, all else is fine. But if something was important to him, I made sure to be there with him.
    You're right, it is not worth upsetting the cart over this; but it is there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Birthday Celebration: Lilly Pulitzer Giveaway from The Pink Pelican