Friday, June 29, 2012
Southern Tide Summer Fun Giveaway
TGIF! Are you getting ready for a fun weekend, or have you already started your 4th of July holiday week? Of course summer on the Gulf Coast means fun in the sun - and let's face it - the folks at Southern Tide know all about having fun in the sun. Since the brand's inception in 2006, it has become wildly popular. We love it here at the beach because it embodies the lifestyle we are lucky enough to live. (Work, beach, boat, fish, repeat).
Speaking of the upcoming 4th of July holiday, what essentials are in your beach bag? My perfect beach bag would include all the above items - which would guarantee a fabulous beach day. What's in the bag, you ask?
1. Ray Ban Wayfarers - I'll be honest, I grew up wearing these glasses and I'm thrilled they are back and more fabulous than ever!
2. Dior Addict Lip Glow - I love all of Dior's products, especially the Addict fragrance. Recently, I tried the Lip Glow and am now addicted (just as they promised)!
3. Southern Tide Bottle Sox - with temperatures expected to reach high 90's/low 100's over the next week, this one is a must to keep your favorite beverage cold. Southern Tide says it's "like a cozy sweater for your bottled beverage", is that genius or what?
4. Southern Tide Beach Towel - this is one beach towel your husband or boyfriend will want to "borrow" (be careful, he may not return it! My solution - buy in several colors, ha!) For the hubby, I'd select the Tidewater or Blue - and for me, the Yellow or Coral.
5. Amazon Kindle - at this point, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few remaining people without a Kindle. I'd love to have one for beach days - or to read while at work and taking a lunch break. Maybe then I could jump on the Fifty Shades of Grey bandwagon...I'd really like to read the books but I hate for people at work to see me with a copy of the book (silly, I know!). I could read it covertly with the Kindle.
6. Neon Straw Bag from Charlotte Russe - Is it neon - or is it neutral? Doesn't matter - you have both colors with this bag! Right on trend and perfect for summer, this one is just fun. (and roomy!)
7. Pink Skipjack Hat - let's face it: no one looks attractive with a sunburned face. Skin cancer isn't cool. We need to protect our faces (and our highlights!) and the pink version of this hat will keep you covered and help keep you cool. Also a great hat for my 4 mile treks...
8. Neutrogena Sunscreen - see the above point! I am in love with the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock. It has Helioplex, and I use the SPF 70 version any time I'm outside - beach, boat, running, etc. I'm proud to say: my face hasn't been sunburned at all this year. Quite an accomplishment for me, as my nose is normally fried.
9. Southern Tide Sunglass Straps - I love to use sunglass straps, mainly because I don't want anything happening to my Costas. Whether you're beachside or poolside, these are a good idea to keep those sunglasses firmly attached. Naturally, my first choice of color would be....pink!
I am thrilled to announce that my friends at Southern Tide are generously offering a giveaway, exclusively for Shopaholic In Alabama readers! One lucky reader will win a Southern Tide Beach Towel (just like the one pictured above, in the winner's choice of available colors). How can you enter the giveaway? Let me count the ways:
1. Comment on this post with your favorite nautical or summer item from Southern Tide (website HERE). This method will earn you one entry in the giveaway (please note this is mandatory).
2. You must be a follower of Shopaholic In Alabama via Google Friend Connect to enter. Please "officially" follow this blog and comment as such - or let me know that you're already a follower via comment. This gives you one entry in the giveaway.
3. "Like" the Southern Tide Facebook page (HERE) for an additional one entry.
4. "Like" the Shopaholic In Alabama Facebook page (HERE) for an additional one entry.
5. Tweet this giveaway (be sure to copy me on the tweet @shopaholicinal, all tweets will be verified) for one entry.
That's a total of (5) possible entries, don't forget the first two methods are mandatory to qualify for the giveaway. Please leave a separate comment for each entry. The giveaway period ends on Friday, July 6 at midnight central time. After a random drawing, the lucky winner will be announced here and on my Facebook page on Saturday, July 7. Good luck to everyone!
I can't wait to hear what you are loving from Southern Tide this summer! A special thanks to my friends at Southern Tide for offering such a generous giveaway.
Have a Fantastic Friday!
FTC Disclaimer: While I was not compensated for this post, I will be receiving a Southern Tide gift card in exchange for hosting and managing this giveaway. Which my husband has already claimed, he said he "needs" a new Skipjack Polo. :-)