Shopaholic in Alabama

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Crab & Corn Bisque to warm you up!



GOTCHA! Just when you thought ALL I knew how to do was shop - today you will learn that Shopaholic also ♥'s to COOK. Who knew?? Seriously now - I don't shop ALL the time - DH would stroke out! I do love to cook and actually find it a great way to relax (and "earn" forgiveness for the shopping!)

Since many of us have had extremely cold temperatures the past few weeks, I thought it would be fun to share an easy, "bone warming" recipe with you! As you already know, we're on the Alabama Gulf coast so we have a lot of seafood around these parts. Seafood is on the menu quite frequently!

CRAB & CORN BISQUE

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup chopped Celery
1/2 Cup chopped Green onions
1/4 Cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 Cup Butter or margarine, melted
2 Cans Cream of Potato Soup, undiluted
1 Can Cream Style Corn
1 1/2 Cup Half & Half
1 1/2 Cup Milk (I use 2%)
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme (or 1/2 - 1 tsp. dried thyme)
1/4 Tsp. ground white pepper
1/8 Tsp. hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
1 Lb. Fresh Lump Crabmeat

(Hey - I never said this was diet food!)

Directions:

Saute celery, green onions & green pepper in butter in Dutch oven until tender. Add potato soup & next 7 ingredients; cook until thoroughly heated. Gently stir in crabmeat & heat thoroughly. Discard bay leaves before serving. If desired, garnish with chopped chives or parsley. Yield: 8 Cups. You can serve alone - or with oyster crackers, Saltines, etc.

This recipe is so easy - the hardest part is chopping the ingredients. If you have a mini food processor, it's a SNAP. Be careful and don't stir too much, you don't want to break up that precious lump crabmeat! I make this for dinner parties and it's always a hit!

I can't wait to hear what you think! Have you ever made this? Do you have any suggestions to make it better? If you guys like recipes, I may start to post one every week or two. Comments welcome! Stay warm!

XOXO, Lori

5 comments:

  1. OH Lori! This recipe looks delicious. Last night we had potato soup with bacon in it. Perfect weather for a nice, hearty soup. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy, I must try it, we're big fans of home made soups around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this recipe, sounds great on a chilly night like tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish! I'm trying it this weekend. You must post more of your delicious southern cooking recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back to say I made the crab soup this past weekend and it was out-of-this-world! Even my picky husband liked it. And easy to make, too. Thank you, Lori, for sharing! I look forward to seeing more recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...