Weekend Whereabouts

Happy Saturday! Aren't you glad it's the weekend? Hopefully you are experiencing nice weather instead of bitter cold, snow and ice like earlier this week. It's sunny here and not quite as cold, so I'm a happy camper!

We have a busy weekend of celebrations planned. On Saturday, I will be attending my dear cousin's baby shower. This is somewhat difficult for me to comprehend. It seems like just yesterday DH and I were keeping her on the weekends, taking her to the beach, teaching her everything we knew about life.  CG was the flower girl in our wedding! Of course she was very young then, and next month, she will have her first child. Amazing. Time really flies, doesn't it?

While I can't reveal my gift (in case she reads!) - I hope someone presents CG with a "diaper cake". I understand they are fairly simple to make, but no way I would ever attempt to create one. I'm not sure what line I got in when creative skills were being handed out, I suppose the shopping skills line needed folks too! Speaking of shopping, one of my Lilly Pulitzer Blayney dresses will make their maiden voyage into the world for this event. :-)


Next on the agenda: our friends M&R went off to a resort this week and tied the knot, after dating for five years! (See ladies, there is hope for a man who is a little slow to pop the question...) Their wedding reception promises to be a lot of fun - M&R are some of the most unpretentious, kind and fun people you will ever meet. Think line dancing, cowboys boots, and Bud Light. We might even hear Garth Brooks "Friends In Low Places" before this one is over.  Mark it down: the first wedding reception I've ever attended in jeans, a Lilly tunic or sweater (can't decide) and cowboy boots. Me thinks it will probably never happen again....but hey, this is something to talk about later. :-)

Can't have toooooo much fun on Saturday night though, as the Lilly Pulitzer sale debuts Sunday morning on Rue La La. Promptly at 11AM ET/10AM CT, competitive shopping will reach new heights. During past Lilly sales on RLL, items have sold out very quickly. Be sure to use the "Quick! Buy It Now" function for this one. If you're not already a member of RLL, your invitation to join is HERE. While I have no idea what will be included or how the prices will be for this sale, I can say in past sales items have been discounted 50-75%. This time, I expect the sale to include many items from Lilly's Summer 2009 collection - and maybe a few other surprises!

Needless to say - after all this activity, I might need a Spa Day on Monday! Or at least a nice long nap....

What are you doing this weekend? Whatever it happens to be, enjoy and have a wonderful time.

Comments

  1. I like the idea of the Lilly tunic for the wedding. I think they are so attractive. Sounds like a great wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the spa day... I'm having a pedi even as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend! And thanks again for the FB Consignment shops! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Birthday Celebration: Lilly Pulitzer Giveaway from The Pink Pelican