Oscar Night: Best & Worst Dressed

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Hope your week is off to a fabulous start!

Did you watch the Oscars on Sunday? I have to admit, I was slightly distracted and barely watched the show. Isn't it all about the fashion anyway? :-)

#1 Favorite Look - Gwyneth Paltrow. While I'm certain many would not agree, I loved the gold/nude look and straight cut of her Calvin Klein dress. The Louis Vuitton earrings, ring and brooch - icing on the cake! Combined with the stick straight hairstyle - it was flawless.
p.s. Who doesn't also love how loyal Gwenie is to Calvin Klein?

#2 Favorite Look - Jennifer Hudson. This girl has lost a TON of weight, she has worked hard for her body. Her new skinny self in Atelier Versace and 165 carats of Neil Lane diamonds = total perfection. Enough said.

#3 Favorite Look - Halle Berry. Marchesa gown and 10 carat Neil Lane earrings - simple and beautiful. Then again, Halle always gets it right. She could wear a paper bag and still look gorgeous.

Normally I would include Sandra Bullock and Anne Hathaway - but they looked too much alike on the red carpet! And dare I say it, the look was too "severe" in my humble opinion. Almost like Anne was Sandy's little sister...yeah, not in the top 3 this time, ladies.

#1 Least Favorite Look - Mila Kunis. When I first caught a glimpse of her in the Elie Saab frock, I thought the lace on the boobies looked like a tattoo. (Turns out I wasn't alone, I heard other people stating the same thing on tv monday morning!). And about the dress - loved the color, and that's all I can say positive. Too much "going on" for me! I'm sure some will disagree, Mila is on many a "best dressed" list but not this one!

#2 Least Favorite Look - Jennifer Lawrence. Dress by Calvin Klein. Was it inspired by an old episode of "Baywatch"? Was Jennifer Lawrence even alive when Pammie used to sport her red suit for all the world to drool? Did a Kardashian style her? What the heck happened here?

#3 Least Favorite Look - Scarlett Johansson. Dress by Dolce & Gabbana. Poor D&G. Congratulations Scarlett, you looked like what we call down south "A Hot Mess". Hair = Fail. Way too messy for Oscar, did she have a romp in the hay on the way over in her limo? Makeup = Fail. While the makeup doesn't look totally awful, it's not special. Pretty sure I could have done a better job with the hair and makeup products I have stored here at home and use on a daily basis. Dress = Fail. I can't put my finger on it, but this dress looks a little obscene and slightly trashy on Scarlett. Perhaps it's the messy hair, dark eyes, too harsh makeup and lace combined, I'm not sure. As one of my favorite southern belles Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow Is Another Day". For Scarlett Johansson, there is always next year!


Who were your favorites? Least favorites? Did you actually pay attention to the show, or like me, watch for fashion only?

Have a Terrific Tuesday!


Comments

  1. I LOVED Amy Adams in her L'Wren Scott...and I didn't hate the necklace with it like everyone else! HAHA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Lilly Pulitzer Resort 2011-2012: First Look & Favorites