What - No Love? And Buying Restriction? Fail...

Happy Thursday, everyone! Can it really almost be the weekend? Wow! We have a big weekend planned with our annual Mardi Gras float ride/party/parade on Sunday!

Do you guys still love me? Haha, I laugh but of course I do wonder! I wrote up my Oscar night fashion review and not one comment? Seriously, I thought someone out there would get a kick out of my Scarlett Johansson review, if nothing else! Sometimes I wonder if I am talking to myself...

You are probably wondering - "why are comments such a big deal"? Let me say this - I could talk forever about blogging and comments. I see blogs all the time that have very few followers and tons of comments on each post. I also see blogs that have lots of followers and little or no comments. It always makes me sad to see no comments on a blog post (not just my blog, but others that I also follow) because a blogger really puts their heart and soul into their work. We're all different - some of us have beautiful photos (you won't get those here, I'm not into photography or Tumbler, etc); some write really long heartfelt posts (sometimes here, but not often); other bloggers put up a few pictures and a few sentences and *viola* they have 40 comments!!! Go figure!

I will say this: Comments are viewed as "status" in the blog world. Lots of people will not tell you the truth about it, but I am being honest! You can have the best blog from an aesthetic or content standpoint, but no comments? You wonder if anyone reads!

In other unrelated news, score me down for a big ole "Fail" on the Lilly buying restriction. I know, it's only been a week and a few days since my post on the self-imposed buying restriction (you can see it HERE). What can I say, I am a sucker for the sale. Then if that sale involves "Elsa" and you add the highly coveted and extremely hard to find "Booty Caw" print in the mix, I'm a goner.

In my defense - because you know I have a reason and method to my madness - this top has been sold out at Lilly Pulitzer corporate stores for well over a month. I was getting a wee bit nervous about finding one in my size before they were *poof* gone forever! But you will be proud to know that I stopped there. :-)

Hope you have a fantastic Thursday! Thanks as always for reading and being a part of my little corner of the world, I might not be as exciting and fabulous as other blogs but hopefully you are entertained!


Comments

  1. THANK YOU for saying this. I get so frustrated when my friends tell me they read my blog, but don't follow me or leave comments. I literally feel like I'm sending my words out into outer space. (I mean, these are people I already know, not even new readers.) What is a good way to deal with that without becoming a hysterical freak who scares them all away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a college student and finding time to blog isnt always easy....it kind of hurts when you see three out of the seven posts this week havent been commented on at all :( But im reading keep up the good work! and I love that top :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post...I am guilty of reading and not commenting all the time. I look at my blog as a outlet for self expression and if there aren’t a slew of comments I don’t let it get me down. Sometimes the process can be more important then the finished product. On a different note... whenever a certain article of Lilly is sold out I want it that much more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog - and always reading....your shopping habits alone crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried twice to comment! It wouldn't load. I loved your baywatch reference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please share where you managed to snag the Elsa in the Booty Caw print! I was able to find one in the Multi Sea Me print, but the Booty Caw is on the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweets! I read and run! Sorry...I am just soooo busy recently! Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, as always!!! It's awesome knowing that I am not alone in my shopaholic ways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading! I rarely comment on anyone's blog (maybe because I don't have one of my own) but I will start doing it more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh! It's hard not to shop! I haven't even made that attempt yet although I should! Yours is one of a few that I read religously every day. Will have to comment more often. I totally agreed with all of your oscar gown comments! Thank for the fun blog Lori! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that top! I would have broken that rule too! I have just recently started my blog, but I love comments. I am trying to get more followers so I can get more comments! Check out my blog if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That top is gorgeous... and don't feel bad about breaking the buying restriction! You're certainly not alone - I decided last week that I wasn't going to buy any new clothes for AT LEAST a month and a few hours later I was ordering new jeans from Nordstroms... because I honestly forgot! Old habits die hard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori- I have a fashion question for you. Since you wear lots of Lilly do you wear the murfee scarves? I got my first one this week. ( I love it in Fresh Catch toile) but I am always awkward with scarves and never end up wearing them. Any advice on wearing/tying them?? Thx! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on the comments-I have lots of followers and page views and all that jazz, but lately my comments have been much less. Of course, I have been busy and not getting out and commenting as much so who knows. People also send me lots of messages and I'm like, no-please comment :)
    Have fun with Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love getting comments too, so I totally know what you mean. I'm quite new to the blogging circles, so you should check out a fellow shopaholic :). http://dreamingshopaholic.blogpsot.com!

    Oh, and i loved your oscar review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can honestly say that comments make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. here are plenty of large and in charge blogs that don't get many comments. I feel you though...It's nice to know your readers and hear that they appreciate the time you've put in!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Still reading and will try to comment more often :-)

    OK fess up please. Where did you find the Elsa on sale? I was about to buy it at full price and then saw this post, so please, please share your secret with me!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. For those who asked about the Elsa top...I found mine at The colorful Gator (Lilly Via shop) in Gainesville, FL. I believe they are sold out now, but you could contact Jack at Lilly (he has a facebook page too) and he might be able to find one for you! Good luck on the search! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Lilly Pulitzer Resort 2011-2012: First Look & Favorites