Salt Water Sunday: Isaac, Please Go Away


As you can imagine, the next few days are going to be a little more active than we'd like. The entire Gulf Coast is keeping a watchful eye on Isaac. Preparations began in my area today, many of the beach houses are being boarded up and patio furniture brought inside. My DH is out of town but should be back tomorrow to assist with our preparations. 

Right now, I would have to say the forecasters aren't exactly sure where this storm is going. It appears Isaac could be up to a Category 3, or Major, hurricane when it hits land sometime Tuesday evening. It could come ashore anywhere between New Orleans, LA and Apalachicola, FL. And it really doesn't matter, because it's bad either way. The east end of  a hurricane is the "worst side" (if there is such a thing - it's all bad). 

As many of you know, I work in Pensacola, FL so I'm worried about how this will impact my work schedule and how I will travel back and forth. In my position, I am considered "essential personnel" which means they expect you to make a significant effort to show up - but of course want you to consider your personal safety too. What a total pain. 

Of course, we will not take any chances. We never do. I don't play around with hurricanes, and am like an old person about bad weather. Living across the street from the beach makes you a believer. 

Today we'll be making our plans. Wish us luck here on the Gulf Coast, I'm afraid we might need it. In the words of Jimmy Buffett - "you can't reason with hurricane season". 

Comments

  1. Preparation is key, as you well know! Stay safe, Lori and I hope the storm passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of you and all my blogging friends in the southern, gulf area. Prayers for safety and that Isaac doesn't become what they say he will.
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for you and everyone else on the golf! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In 1995 we lost power here for a week from a hurricane. They can be scary! We have had trees land on our house from tornadoes too, but nothing prepares you for how horrible they can be. Good luck! I hope Isaac "hurries" out ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Birthday Celebration: Lilly Pulitzer Giveaway from The Pink Pelican