Back From A Whirlwind Weekend...






Wow - is it already Tuesday? Sorry if I bailed on you guys for a few days. The DH arrived home a day early (last Thursday instead of Friday as planned). It was a great surprise and we were able to spend the weekend together. 


Friday we spent the entire day at the beach. Our weather was gorgeous, mid 80's on September 30. We even managed to get a little suntan. Heaven. 


Saturday, we kept our nephews overnight for my sister and her DH to have an out of town "date night". (aren't we sweet, haha!). The boys had a blast and lots of fun with my DH - they seem to think he is also a child (hmmm, might be a little truth there). Wilson and Jake arrived at the beach in their Alabama gear, which I took as a good omen. Wilson was also sporting my BIL's Florida hat - this is what happens when your Mother likes Bama and your Dad likes Florida. Obviously he was trying to keep my BIL happy with him, heehee! 


I have to admit, I was a little concerned about how I was going to keep the boys occupied during the Alabama - Florida football game on Saturday night. With a late start time (7pm) on CBS, this was a valid concern. Thankfully my DH had a few tricks up his sleeve - the boys had a great time on the laptop, playing on the Playstation 3, and watching Youtube videos on our Samsung tablet. Thank goodness for technology - I was able to watch the entire game - and added bonus, WE WON! :-) 




On Sunday, we visited family and celebrated my Nanny's 86th birthday a few days early. 




Yesterday, the DH left for another out of town trip. Hopefully he will be home soon! Until then, my house is a wreck (you can only imagine) and I need to get busy! However I'm suffering from a sinus infection and having a difficult time getting motivated to do much of anything! 


Hope you're having a great start to the week! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Birthday Celebration: Lilly Pulitzer Giveaway from The Pink Pelican

Testing The Waters