For Your Thanksgiving Feast: Sweet Potato Souffle

Are you busy planning your family's Thanksgiving meal? With just a few short days until the annual celebration, I am making grocery lists and running back and forth to Publix. (You could say they know me there...)  


If your family is like mine, we all have dishes that we prepare to bring to the celebration. Once you make a great dish that everyone loves, then you are expected to bring that same dish every year. Today I'm going to share a recipe that I prepare every year for my family's Thanksgiving meal. Mine for Thanksgiving is Sweet Potato Souffle. Please let me apologize in advance that I don't have a photo of this dish to share with you guys - but I didn't want to make this until the day before Thanksgiving. :-) 


Sweet Potato Souffle


Ingredients:


(3) Large sweet potatoes, roasted and whipped
(1) Cup Sugar (I only use 1/2 cup but recipes calls for a full cup. Personally I think a full cup would be way too sweet!)
(2) Eggs, Beaten
1/2 tsp. Salt
(1) Stick of Butter
1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
(2) tsp. Vanilla
(1) Jar of Marshmallow Cream
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans


Directions:


Roast potatoes at 375 degrees for 60-90 minutes. Peel off skins and mash. Add sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla and whip together with hand mixer. Put in a greased 1.5 quart casserole dish. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. Then remove from oven, place marshmallow cream and pecan on top. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until brown on top. 


Your family and friends will absolutely love this dish! It's a little like a "side dish" but in my opinion, it really qualifies as a dessert. The souffle is sweet and a great compliment to any meat you might serve - turkey, ham, roast, etc. 


What is the one dish you're always expected to bring to the holiday celebration? From now until Christmas, I'll be sharing a recipe with you every week. Maybe we can all find something new to try! I'd love to hear about your family favorites! 


Have a Marvelous Monday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Lilly Pulitzer Resort 2011-2012: First Look & Favorites