Only One More Of These Left in 2011...





Do you ever have a moment when you look at the calendar and think "wow" it's almost time for ______ (fill in the blank - important event, holiday, the end of something you really enjoy, etc)? 


Yesterday, I had that "aha" moment when I realized there is only one Alabama home football game left in Tuscaloosa this season. Every year, I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a season ticket holder and attend the home games on Saturdays. It certainly makes football season a lot of fun (even if I'm often very tired on Sunday). 


Part of what I enjoy about the games is spending time with my family and friends. In the above photo, I am with my Father at the Alabama vs. Tennessee game in October. My sister also attended the Tennessee game with us and we had a wonderful time. 
What do you think of my Father's Alabama "Hawaiian" shirt? Believe me, everyone in Tuscaloosa asks him about these shirts. I think he has four or five of them, all in different colors, patterns, etc. Most of the shirts are made by Reyn Spooner and are getting very difficult to find. It's actually time for a few replacements and my Mother has been scouring the internet in hopes that she can surprise him at Christmas! 
Speaking of my Mother, she attended the Alabama vs. LSU game with us week before last. While I won't discuss the end result of the game (ugh - I wasn't happy about that), I will say we had a great day. The energy in town, in the stadium and while tailgating prior the game was absolutely electric. We met so many nice LSU fans and while the rivalry was quite "heated" to say the least, it was respectful. 


Two more fun pictures below - with my Mother pregame and my parents pregame. Of course we were still happy, the game had yet to start! Notice what my Father did behind my head in this picture? I tell you, he's a real hoot! HA! 

My mother in law is also a season ticket holder - not sure if you guys have ever seen her around these parts! 
Here's one thing I really need to give up - the cookies from Pollman's Bakery in Mobile. I always pick these up on Friday before the Alabama home games. These are soooo delicious, but on the diet they are not...
There are only two more regular season Alabama games - Ga. Southern this Saturday in Tuscaloosa and Auburn next week in Auburn. Then it's on to the bowl game season and who knows where that could lead. There's a very, very slight possibility that Alabama and LSU could meet again in the BCS national championship game. Lots of stuff has to happen first - a few other teams would have to lose games, Alabama and LSU have to win their remaining games and there is no telling what else. 


IF that matchup happens - the BCS national championship game is being played in New Orleans at the Superdome. Can you say "complete and total craziness"?!? The roof might come off the dome...


Have a Terrific Tuesday! 

Comments

  1. hey there. just found your blog. can't wait to explore more. oh, new follower too.
    off to peruse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're coming to the BCS game with Kevin's company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to have an LSU/alabama rematch... anything to get Alabama back in the Nat'l Championship running!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Lilly Pulitzer Resort 2011-2012: First Look & Favorites