Removing The Decorations?

Happy Monday, Shopaholics! If you celebrate Christmas, I hope your holiday was filled with every blessing imaginable.

We all decorate for the holidays, right? Some of us more than others of course...


Yesterday I noticed on Facebook that several of my friends were already taking down their holiday decorations. Old southern "legend" says that if your Christmas decorations are still up on New Years Day, it's bad luck.

When do you think it's acceptable to take down the decorations? I usually try to have everything down on NYD, I have to admit - I get sick of looking at it before then. I'd love to hear what you think!

Have a great day - and stay warm!

Comments

  1. I never take mine down before New Years. It is custom in my family to leave up until the Feast of the Epiphany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We leave them up until Epiphany, aka Three King's Day aka the 12th day of Christmas aka my mom's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I love your stocking! My parents always take down the decorations before New Years, because they say it's bad luck to keep them up on New Years Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go with my Mom's tradition. In our house Christmas was not over until Little Christmas, January 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that my family's tradition (being good Episcopalians) to leave them up through Epiphany. HOWEVER, I will probably start taking them down around January 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard the opposite, you can't the decorations down until after the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Lilly Pulitzer Resort 2011-2012: First Look & Favorites