Havaianas Shopping Nirvana




Happy Saturday my friends! Hope you have a fantastic weekend planned - relaxing, shopping, spending time with family and friends, or perhaps enjoying a little sunshine?

Today we're preparing for a quick trip over to the Big Easy on Sunday for the St. Patrick's Day parade in Metairie. Can you say PAR-TAY? I'll tell you all about it on Monday....when I feel human again. :-)

So you'll remember that I was going to lunch with BFF Priscilla on Thursday for the big birthday celebration, and then she got sick? My "alternate" lunch date was DH, which was a nice treat. He happened to be working close by, and we had a quick Mexican lunch. Not the wine and crab cakes that were planned, but hey at that point I was glad to HAVE a lunch partner!

Anyway, after I left lunch I popped into this major discount store called "Burke's Outlet". Note: this is a place I don't normally shop, not my brands, etc...but I'd heard from a reliable source that some Lilly Pulitzer stationery was hanging around there and it was my Shopaholic duty to check it out.

Sadly, there was not one little tiny piece of LP stationery in sight. However I figured what the heck, I'll look around some. I ended up in the shoe department. Again, not my brands! Really can I be honest? This store has a bunch of JUNK. Seriously, I think I'm wasting my time. But then........out of the corner of my eye.......I spied something that looked like Havaianas.

Of course I bolted over to the display (not really sure why I was in such a hurry, clearly the other shoppers had never noticed them, so what exactly was the rush?). At any rate, get this - Havs are regular price $18.00 (solid colors of course, no bling, no designs, etc). The store or discount price was $12.99. Sounds good, right??? They had little pink stickers which indicated clearance of some type....so I strain to see the chart thinking "what does the pink sticker mean???". Try 95% OFF. Yes, you're reading this right. 95% OFF $12.99, save for a few pair of mens Havs that were a few $$'s more.

Go ahead. Ask. You KNOW you want to know now...

Did you buy them? Yes. Guilty as charged. Did you really think I could walk away?

How many pairs? Sixteen. Every pair I could find. And I'm not even embarrased to admit it. 

What was your total purchase? $11.56. A number I'm quite proud to admit.

Here's the funny thing - I wear size 9 - none of them fit me! A few will fit my mother, and a few friends are receiving new flip flops.  I'm also saving a few for my niece's birthday.

Save this in the total FLUKE category. You know what I call this? Luck. I should have crossed the line into Florida and purchased a lottery ticket when I left the store!

Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!

P.S. Be sure to check the Shopaholic FACEBOOK fan page today for some too-good-to-be-true deals on the Fall 2009 collection Lilly at Dillards. $19.99 and $39.99 pieces!!! Peeps, this is way cheaper than even Lilly warehouse sale prices. Do not delay......


Comments

  1. Have so much fun at the parade Sunday!!!! Catch a cabbage or two for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sccccccooooooorrrrrreeeeeeee! Have a good time Lori! PS Saw Lilly stationary at Tuesday Morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun today! Am going to Tuesday Morning today... fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Visit With Caroline Grace Jewelry

Testing The Waters

Lilly Pulitzer Resort 2011-2012: First Look & Favorites