Saturday, March 27, 2010
Happy Saturday, Socialite Shopaholics! :-) I am gradually recovering from my dental work on Thursday, and hope to spend the day at the beach working on getting a little color on this pale skin. I absolutely must get better soon, as I have two groups of company coming in the next few days. Can't wait to see them!
Earlier this week, my buddy and socialite idol Beth over at Social Climbers crowned me a socialite! Little ole' me??? I was so excited, what an honor! A few days later, I was also tagged by my friend Town and Country. Now I am passing the love on to other blogger friends!
Click on the above button and paste onto your blog/website
Answer the below questions
Pass onto 10 bloggers that you Love, go to their blog and let them know they've been tagged
1. Who is your style icon? A tie between Lilly Pulitzer and fellow Leo, Coco Chanel
2. What is your favorite socialite lit book? The Devil In The Junior League by Linda Francis Lee (this may change as I just received my copy of Social Climbers by Beth Dunn, which I plan to read over the weekend)
3. Favorite party theme? Summer pink and green, with a beautiful cake adorned by palm trees and beach scenes
4. Go to Halloween costume? Don't judge but I'm not a big fan of Halloween and usually don't dress up
5. Extravagance you cannot live without? Lilly Pulitzer dresses, Miss Trish of Capri jeweled sandals
6. Living person you admire? My parents
7. Greatest Fear? Death by fire
8. Trait you deplore in yourself? Inability to keep my weight down
9. Which talent would you most like to have? Creative skills - drawing, painting, crafting
10. Greatest Achievement? Strong and healthy relationship with DH for 17 years
Bloggers I love (I tried to select bloggers who haven't been tagged yet - I read ALL of you though!)
1. Nola Girl
3. Bumpkin On A Swing
4. Bon Bon Rose Girls
5. My Life Through Pink (Green and Blue, too) Colored Glasses
6. Pink Preppy Lilly Lover
7. The Fashionista Diaries
8. DC GOP Girl
10. Petunia In Paradise
Socialites, have fun and be sure to pass the torch! If you have a blog and are reading, please consider yourself tagged too. I can't wait to see all your answers.
If you're not reading any of the blogs I mentioned above, be sure to check them out! I know you'll enjoy them all. Have a wonderful Saturday!